What better way to start the day than with some vegan, gluten-free and gut-friendly Apple Cinnamon Pancakes? This recipe is by Charli Daly (@charlis_daly_life on Instagram) and makes for the perfect Gut Healthy Breakfast! The recipes switches honey or syrup for Troo Spoonful of Fibre Inulin Syrup which contains 8g of fibre per serving, is plant-based and naturally low in sugar!
Apples are a great food for gut health as they contain pectin, a rich source of soluble fibre which acts as a prebiotic by feeding our good gut bacteria. Stewed Apples is a great way to increase your fibre consumption and can be used as a topping for pancakes, in your crumble or with your breakfast bowl.
- 150g Oat Flour (ensure Gluten-Free if necessary)⠀
- 2 tbsp Troo Spoonful of Fibre Inulin Syrup⠀
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar⠀
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 250ml Oat Milk⠀
- Stewed Apples⠀⠀
- Combine the wet ingredients in one bowl and the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Then mix the dry ingredients into the wet.⠀
- Heat a pan and use 1/3 cup per pancake. Cook on one side until you see the bubbles come through and then flip over.⠀
- For the topping, you can follow our Stewed Apples Recipe or chop one apple and coat in cinnamon.⠀
- Then put the apples on the pancakes, sprinkle some more cinnamon and drizzle some Troo Spoonful of Fibre over the top. Enjoy!