This Orange Stir-fry is bound to be a winner all round! You can either have it with chicken or tofu- its completely delicious versatile recipe that anyone can make. This recipe serves 4.
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 25g carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 450g chicken breast or Tofu chopped
- 3 spring onion, chopped
- 150g sugar snap or mangetout peas
- 450g cooked brown rice
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 orange, juice only
- 60g marmalade (low sugar)
- 60ml soy sauce
- 1 tsp. siracha (or as needed)
- 1 tbsp. cornflour
- 1 tbsp Troo Spoonful of Fibre
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together. Add some water if necessary to thin it down slightly. Cook rice according to instructions on packaging or use leftover rice.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan over high heat. Add in the chicken breasts or tofu and cook for 4-5 mins until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Lower the heat and add the garlic and spring onion cooking for 1 min. Keep stirring to prevent burning. Now add the mangetout peas and red pepper and cook for another 3-4 mins. Add in cooked rice and mix well with the vegetables.
- Next add in the cooked chicken / tofu, grated carrot and earlier made sauce. Stir well until heated.Plate up garnished with sesame seeds and more spring onion.
There you go! A perfect week day recipe, that will please everybody and will gurantee an empty plate.