It's so important to make sure you are getting enough fibre from a range of sources and this mild curry recipe is the perfect way to do just that. It contains some of the highest fibre food, vegetables! You can include any veg you fancy or that you have knocking about in the fridge to recreate this delicious curry.
This Chickpea, Sweet Potato and Spinach Curry recipe also contains Troo Spoonful of Fibre Inulin syrup to give an extra boost of fibre. A vegan honey alternative which is 65% prebiotic fibre, which feeds your good gut bacteria.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 100g spinach, chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp Troo Spoonful of Fibre Inulin syrup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3cm ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red chilli chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 400g can chickpeas
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 250ml coconut milk, canned
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chopped ginger, garlic and chilli. Fry often stirring for about 3 minutes.
- Add the peeled and chopped sweet potato, season with salt and fry for another 2 minutes, then add the spices and mix well.
- Next, add the chickpeas along with the brine (aqua faba), stock, Troo Spoonful of Fibre and coconut milk. Mix everything and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 15 minutes without covering, stirring every now and again, until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Finally, add the spinach, mix and take off the heat, and wait until it is wilted. Serve with rice.