The ultimate Gut Healthy, Gluten-Free, Dairy Free, Low Sugar Brownie Recipe by the lovely Charli (@charlis_daly_life on Instagram). These brownies are packed full of fibre by substituting sugar for Troo Spoonful of Fibre Inulin Syrup, which is made from chicory root, 65% prebiotic fibre and naturally low in sugar.
Charli has also opted to top her brownies off with a generous drizzle of Troo Chocolate Spoonful of Fibre, for extra chocolate indulgence without the guilt!
- 10oz of Dark Chocolate
- 10oz of Dairy Free Butter
- 6oz Gluten Free Flour
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 12oz Sugar or Troo Spoonful of Fibre Inulin Syrup
- 4 Eggs
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 8oz of Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 1tbsp Troo Chocolate Spoonful of Fibre Inulin Syrup, to serve
- Put the margarine and chocolate into a bowl. Fill a small saucepan about a quarter full with hot water, then sit the bowl on top so it rests on the rim of the pan, not touching the water. Put over a low heat until the margarine and chocolate have melted, stirring occasionally to mix them.
- Once it’s all melted and combined, add the sugar/Spoonful of Fibre and mix in. Then sieve in the flour and baking powder, and once combined add in the eggs.
- Then add in the chocolate chunks. Once mixed pour into a baking tray and bake for 40 minutes on 180C.
- Take out the oven and leave them to cool. Then slice! Charli tops her brownies with Troo Chocolate Spoonful of Fibre for added gut healthy goodness!