Need some breakfast inspo for the big day? Then look no further! Our really easy recipe for Happy Christmas Porridge with Cranberry & Orange Compote can be prepared the night before - perfect for those busy Christmas mornings!
Our Happy Porridge+ with flaxseeds containing plant-based omega 3's and warming, comforting cinnamon, is further boosted with chicory inulin for added fibre. Just one bowl has 8.5g of fibre and only 1.6g sugar so you can afford to have a little treat in the form of this festive & fruity compote.
- 1 bag of Troo Happy Porridge+
- Milk/Alt-Milk of your choice
- One bag of Sainsbury's frozen cranberries
- 1 Orange
- Star anise & root ginger
- Greek yoghurt (optional)
Makes 8 servings
- Pop your Porridge into a reusable plastic container, cover with your choice of milk, give it a stir and leave in the fridge on Christmas Eve, ready for the morning
- Then make a yummy cranberry compote with 300g frozen cranberries, some orange juice and peel, some spices (we like star anise & ginger) and 100g of sugar - go on, it's Christmas
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes and then leave to cool before putting into a jar or container. This keeps for up to 3 days in the fridge
- Come Christmas morning a delicious, quick and healthy festive breakfast is ready whenever anyone wants it.
Serving suggestions: It can be eaten cold straight from the fridge with a dollop of Greek yogurt or heated up for a couple of minutes in the microwave if you fancy it hot.