This Homemade Healthy Chocolate Bounty Bar recipe by the lovely Charli Daly (@charlis_daly_life on Instagram) is perfect for those sweet cravings, without the high sugar and calorie count. These Bounty Bars are paleo, gluten free, grain free and dairy free. You can also make them vegan-friendly and keto by using Troo Spoonful of Fibre Inulin Syrup instead of honey or syrup.
Did you know that Dark Chocolate can actually be good for you and hugely beneficial for your gut health? Read our blog post all about the Gut Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate to learn more!
- 200g Creamed Coconut or Coconut Butter
- 6 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 tbsp Water
- 90ml Troo Spoonful of Fibre Inulin Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 150g Desiccated Coconut
- 200g Dark Chocolate - Chocolate containing at least 70% Cocoa is best!
- Line a 20cm square tin with foil or baking paper
- In a bowl, mix together the creamed coconut (you may have to run the packet under some hot water to help it melt) with all the other ingredients except the chocolate
- Press into the lined tin and leave it in the freezer for around 45 mins-1 hour. Any longer and it will be difficult to cut without cracking
- Take them out and cut into small squares
- Melt the chocolate either in the microwave or over a saucepan of hot water. Then dip each square into the chocolate and leave on a wire rack to harden
- Then you can store in the fridge once you’re all done. Enjoy!