Make Pancake Day everyday with this delicious Orange and Yogurt Pancake recipe. These GF pancakes make for the perfect weekend breakfast or as a healthy American pancake midweek swap.
These low calorie pancakes are packed with fibre by replacing honey or high sugar syrups for TROO Spoonful of Fibre Inulin syrup, which contains 65% prebiotic fibre from the key ingredient, Chicory Root.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 2 tsp orange peel
- orange slices, to serve
- 2 eggs
- 160g natural live yogurt
- 2 tsp Troo Spoonful of Fibre Pure Inulin Syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 120g spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- Mix the egg, yogurt, Troo Spoonful of Fibre and orange peel. Fold in the flour and baking powder and mix well until smooth. Lastly, add in the melted coconut oil and mix again.
- Fry the pancakes on a dry non-stick pan over low-medium heat until golden brown.
- Serve with slices of orange and fresh berries.