Portobello mushroom pizza's- great for a family friday night in and a great recipe to get the kids involved. An easy and quick recipe that is sure to satisfy everyone! This recipe serves 2.
- 4 Portobello Mushrooms, peeled, stalks removed
- 1 tblsp Olive Oil
- Tomato Paste or Pesto
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes sliced
- 12 Black Olives Sliced
- 100g Grated Cheese / Dairy Alternative
- Mixed Herbs / Chilli Flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 5.
- Place mushrooms on baking sheet and toss with with oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Top mushrooms with tomato paste / pesto then the cherry tomato and black olive slices. At this point you can experiment with anything else in your fridge - capers, sweetcorn, spinach etc.
- Sprinkle with the mixed herbs and chilli flakes. Top with the grated cheese.Bake again until the cheese is melted, 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite salad - we love it with spicy wild rocket leaves and a dash of balsamic vinegar.
And there you go, an easy, quick and fun recipe that will entertain the kids all at the same time, enjoy!