This warming tomato soup is quick and easy to make and perfect for prepping the night before or even in the morning, ready for lunch or dinner. This recipe serves 6.
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 500ml/18fl oz chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp Troo Spoonful of Fibre
- 150ml/5fl oz your choice of milk
- 150ml/5fl oz double cream/ dairy alternative
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3–4 tsp basil pesto, to serve
- Set a large, deep pan over a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil from the sun-dried tomatoes. Add the garlic and stir-fry for a few seconds, or until it just starts to colour.
- Add the sun-dried and tinned tomatoes, stock and Spoonful of Fibre and bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then cover with a lid, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and, using a hand blender, blend the soup in the pan. Stir in the milk and cream and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper before heating through on the hob.
- Serve hot with ½ teaspoon basil pesto swirled on the top of each bowl of soup.
This is a perfect soup for a weekday meal and bound to be a hit with everyone in the family!