Our wholesome, gut healthy Super Seedy Wholmeal Loaf is packed full of fibre! A good source of fibre can promote a healthy gut so a handful of seeds in your loaf can work wonders! We have also substitued regular, high sugar syrup for our Troo Spoonful of Fibre Inulin Syrup, which contains 8g of fibre per serving, super low in sugar and is vegan friendly!
- 500g Wholemeal Bread Flour - you can switch this for a gluten free alternative flour⠀
- 7g sachet Fast-Action Dried Yeast⠀
- 1 tsp of Salt⠀
- 1 tbsp Troo Spoonful of Fibre Inulin Syrup⠀
- Oil, for greasing⠀
- 50g Mixed Seeds - we used pumpkin and sunflower seeds⠀
- A dash of Milk or 1 egg yolk, loosened with a fork⠀
- Combine the flour, yeast and tsp of salt in a large bowl with, then mix the syrup with 250ml warm water in a separate bowl until well combined. ⠀
- Stir the syrup and water into the flour to make a slightly sticky dough. You can add more water here if needed.⠀
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 10 mins. Your dough should be smooth and elastic when it’s ready.⠀
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling film. Leave in a warm place until doubled in size – this will take about 1 hr. ⠀
- Once doubled in size, knead the dough again to knock out the air bubbles – add the seeds and work these into the dough as you knead.⠀
- Shape the dough into an oval and place in a lightly oiled 900g loaf tin. Leave to prove, covered with cling film, for 30-45 mins until it has nearly doubled in size again. ⠀
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Glaze the top of the loaf with the milk or egg yolk and sprinkle over extra seeds. Bake in the oven for 40-45 mins until golden brown. Leave to cool on a wire rack for at least 30 mins before slicing.