Our wholesome, gut healthy Super Seedy Wholmeal Loaf is packed full of fibre! A good source of fibre can promote a healthy gut so a handful of seeds in your loaf can work wonders! We have also substitued regular, high sugar syrup for our Troo Spoonful of Fibre Inulin Syrup, which contains 65% prebiotic fibre, super low in sugar and is vegan friendly!
Each slice of this Super Seedy Wholemeal Loaf contains 6.5g fibre, 8.1g protein and less than 1.5g sugar!
- 500g Wholemeal Bread Flour - you can switch this for a gluten free alternative flour⠀
- 7g sachet Fast-Action Dried Yeast⠀
- 1 tsp of Salt⠀
- 1 tbsp Troo Spoonful of Fibre Inulin Syrup⠀
- Oil, for greasing⠀
- 50g Mixed Seeds or Troo Super Seedy Granola
- A dash of Milk or 1 egg yolk, loosened with a fork⠀
- Combine the flour, yeast and tsp of salt in a large bowl with, then mix the syrup with 250ml warm water in a separate bowl until well combined. ⠀
- Stir the syrup and water into the flour to make a slightly sticky dough. You can add more water here if needed.⠀
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 10 mins. Your dough should be smooth and elastic when it’s ready.⠀
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling film. Leave in a warm place until doubled in size – this will take about 1 hr. ⠀
- Once doubled in size, knead the dough again to knock out the air bubbles – add the seeds and work these into the dough as you knead.⠀
- Shape the dough into an oval and place in a lightly oiled 900g loaf tin. Leave to prove, covered with cling film, for 30-45 mins until it has nearly doubled in size again. ⠀
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Glaze the top of the loaf with the milk or egg yolk and sprinkle over extra seeds. Bake in the oven for 40-45 mins until golden brown. Leave to cool on a wire rack for at least 30 mins before slicing.