Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
What better way to celebrate PANCAKE DAY or to start or end ANY day than with some vegan, gluten-free and gut-friendly Apple Cinnamon Pancakes?
This recipe is by Charli Daly (@charlis_daly_life on Instagram) and makes for a perfect & gut healthy indulgence! The recipes switches flour for blitzed Troo Porridge+ oats and honey or syrup for Troo Spoonful of Fibre Inulin Syrup which packs it with fibre instead of loads of sugar.
Apples are a great food for gut health as they contain pectin, a rich source of soluble fibre and a prebiotic that feeds our good gut bacteria.
- 150g Troo Happy Porridge+ (blitzed to flour like consistency)
- 2 tbsp Troo Spoonful of Fibre Inulin Syrup
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 250ml Oat Milk
- Stewed Apples
- Combine the wet ingredients in one bowl and the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Then mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Heat a pan and use 1/3 cup per pancake. Cook on one side until you see the bubbles come through and then flip over.
- For the topping, you can follow our Stewed Apples Recipe or chop one apple and coat in cinnamon.
- Then put the apples on the pancakes, sprinkle some more cinnamon and drizzle some Troo Spoonful of Fibre over the top. Enjoy!