Broccoli Brekkie with Egg (or tofu)
This recipe is perfect for a Sunday brunch! Serves 4.
And there you have it, a perfect brunch recipe for a relaxing Sunday!
- 300g broccoli
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 20g pumpkin seeds
- lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 4 eggs (or tofu)
- 1 tbsp Troo Spoonful of Fibre
- 20g sultanas or raisins
- ½ tsp. ground turmeric
- ½ tsp. chilli flakes
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. oregano
- Divide the broccoli into smaller parts and chop into tiny pieces or use a food processor to make broccoli rice.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a pan on medium-high heat, add the minced garlic, chopped onion, pumpkin seeds and fry, stirring for about 5 minutes, until browned.
- Next, add the sultanas or raisins, broccoli rice and all the spices, season with salt & pepper, mix and fry for another 5-7 minutes. If you need, add a little water to avoid burning (although a slight charring adds taste). At the end of cooking drizzle with lemon juice.
- In a separate frying pan heat the remaining 1 tbsp. of oil, and fry the eggs / tofu. Once ready serve on top of the broccoli rice, season with salt & pepper.