We have seen loads of the Troo Crew adding some extra protein to your gut healthy breakfasts and bakes, especially those of us on plant-based diets, so we have teamed up with our friends at Vitally Vegan to bring you the Best Brownie Recipe. This chocolate brownie recipe is vegan friendly, low in sugar and gluten-free, as you don’t need flour to make these yummy treats.
Vitally Vegan make delicious and eco-conscious plant-based protein powders, created with a blend of Pea and White Hemp, perfect for those of us who are lacking protein in our diets. Their Vegan Formulas mix great with water and dissolve easily for a smooth tasting breakfast bowl or bake, with each serving providing 20g of protein, as well as being packed full of vitamins and minerals.
TROO TOP TIP: The brownie bites need to be kept refrigerated but taste amazing from the freezer too and as they dairy-free and contain no eggs, for ultra fudgy brownies you can remove from the oven earlier.
NOTE: Similar to how we recommend increasing your fibre intake slowly and making sure you drink plenty of water alongside your high fibre meals and bakes, we also advise you to increase your protein intake slowly as the body can only utilise a limited amount of protein at a time.
- 1 tin of Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup of Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp of Troo Chocolate Spoonful of Fibre Inulin Syrup
- 1/4 cup of Cocoa Powder
- 4 scoops of Vitally Vegan Salted Caramel Protein Powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line a mini muffin tin with mini muffin liners. For smaller brownie bites, you'll need at least 15.
- In a food processor or with an electric whisk and a mixing bowl, combine all your ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour brownie mixture into each muffin tin, filling until just full. As there is no baking powder needed, they generally won't rise.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a skewer comes out just clean. Allow to cool in the muffin tin completely. For best results, refrigerate once cooled for several hours.