Healthy Tomato Ketchup (no added sugar)
Delicious and healthy homemade tomato ketchup recipe
Tomato Ketchup is one of the nation’s favourite condiments, but do you know how much sugar is in tomato sauce? There is over 22g of sugar in 100g of tomato ketchup, which is over 3g per tablespoon! Why not try this delicious and healthy homemade ketchup recipe instead? Absolutely perfect with just about everything and only takes 10 minutes to prep and cook. You can load up the sauce without feeling guilty about artificial sweeteners as this recipe uses Troo Spoonful of Fibre Inulin Syrup, which contains 65% fibre, has a low GI and only 1.1g of natural sugars per serving!
- Half small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 2tsp tomato paste / puree
- 2tsp Troo Spoonful of Fibre
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Peel and finely chop 1/2 a small onion and 1 garlic clove.
- Place into a small saucepan with 200g of chopped tomatoes, 2 tsp of tomato puree, 2 tbsp of cider vinegar and 2 tsp of Troo Spoonful of Fibre Inulin Syrup.
- Simmer for 5-6 minutes until reduced slightly.
- Puree in blender and set aside to cool.
- Get stuck in! Perfect with any type of burgers, in a bacon sandwich, with cheese, on fried - basically anything you'd normally use traditional tomato sauce for.