Lettuce Wrapped Fajitas
A recipe perfect for a weekday meal or a Saturday night in! This recipe is hassle free and easy to do. This recipe serves 4.
There you go! An easy, fuss free recipe that is perfect for a family night dinner.
- 4 tblspn olive oil
- 20g fresh coriander chopped + more for serving
- Juice from 2 limes divided
- 2 medium chicken breasts cut into 2cm chunks
- 4 medium red peppers thinly sliced into strips
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced into strips
- 1 Iceberg lettuce (romaine works too)
- sliced avocado and lime wedges for serving
FAJITA SEASONING:2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a small jar, combine the ingredients for the seasoning. Seal and shake well. In a large resealable bag, combine 2 tblspn of olive oil, lime juice and 4 tsp of the fajita seasoning. Add the chicken to the bag, shake and seal. Leave to marinate.
- Slice the the onions and peppers. Heat 1 tblspn olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, add the peppers and sprinkle with the rest of the fajita seasoning. Cook for about 3-6 minutes to your desired softness. Transfer and set aside on a plate.
- Melt remainingoil in the pan and brown the chicken. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until cooked through. Add the vegetables back to the pan until heated through. Assemble lettuce wraps by placing a spoonful of chicken/vegetable filling into the center of each leaf. Top with avocado, lime wedges, coriander and your favourite toppings.