Vegetable Curry Soup
Looking for some new healthy lunch ideas? Spice up your usual carrot soup recipe with this Vegetable Curry Soup recipe, which is a fantastic store cupboard recipe. This is a mild curry recipe so is a super easy lunch idea for kids too.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled & grated
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 ½ tbsp ginger, minced or grated
- 1 large courgette, chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder (or more to taste)
- 2 tsp Troo Spoonful of Fibre Pure Inulin Syrup
- 500ml chicken or vegetable broth or stock
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 80ml plant-based cream (or normal)
- In a large pot, heat oil and sauté the onion. Add the ginger and garlic then continue for 2-3 more minutes.
- Next, add the carrot and sauté for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add the peppers and courgette. Cook the vegetables for about 5 minutes, season with curry powder and mix well.
- Next, pour in the broth/stock and bring to a boil. Cook covered for about 10 minutes until the vegetables are soft. In the meantime, add the chopped tomatoes. Season with salt.
- Once vegetables are cooked, take off from heat and blend using a hand blender. Add in the cream, season for taste, mix well and serve.