Troo Granola - Nutty
This is the recipe for our best seller, Troo Nutty Granola. Now you can make it for yourself at home!
- 205 g Jumbo Oats We use gluten free oats, but you can use any jumbo oats if you are not gluten intolerant
- 65 g Troo Spoonful of Fibre Available from Holland & Barrett, Planet Organic, Wholefoods, Eattroo.com and soon from Ocado and Waitrose
- 20 g Sunflower Oil Or any oil of your choice
- 50 g Seeds We use a mix of pumpkin, sunflower and flaxseeds (linseeds) but you can choose your favourites
- 50 g Nuts We use a mix of Almond Flakes, Almond pieces, Cashews, Hazelnuts and Walnuts
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- Sprinkle of Salt
Put the oven on to heat up to 170 degrees and oil a baking tray.
Pop all the dry ingredients into a bowl - the oats, seeds and nuts.
Put the jug on the scales. Weight the oil in, then the Troo Spoonful of Fibre. Mix these with a spoon. Then add in the spices and a sprinkle of salt and stir until it is all combined.
Add this wet mixture to the dry ingredients until everything is evenly coated.
Tip the mix onto the baking tray, spreading it out as much as you can to ensure even toasting.
Pop the tray into the oven for c. 15 minutes. Do keep an eye on this and bake it to your preferred level of toastiness. If your nuts and seeds are particularly dry it may take less time to toast, similarly if they are fresher they make take a little longer.
When toasted to your desired level take it out of the oven and leave to cool down and crisp up. When completely cool put it in an airtight container to keep it fresh and crunchy.
Enjoy with milk, yoghurt, fresh fruit, smoothies - or even on it's own!